Coworking review: Nextspace
Updated 11/3: there are now some fixed desks available, and I corrected the con about the conference room–you do get 4-8 hours a month free with a paid membership.
After spending a few hours at The Hub, I headed over to check out Nextspace at 2nd and Market. Nextspace has the feel of a well-funded startup. It was quiet and very professional, with new paint and relatively nice office furniture. They offer lots of perks, like free Zipcar membership and pilates discounts, though I’m not sure how valuable any of those are to me personally. It’s cheaper than the Hub, but still relatively pricey. It’s the best location I’ve found yet for BART commuters, which is a big plus. But the ergonomics weren’t great for me (work surfaces too high for chairs), so it would only work if I could get a fixed desk, which are all currently booked.
- 24/7 access
- Best location I’ve found in SF for East Bay commuters, at 2nd and Market
- Nice decor
- Membership perks, events focused on startups
- Quiet and friendly
- Reasonably priced for unlimited drop-in ($285/month), though I don’t think that would work for me due to the ergonomics
- Cheap Indian food downstairs at Bindi
- Pricey ($525/month for fixed desk)
- Only one conference room, $25/hour with paid membership (though you get 4-8 hours free with a paid membership)
- Poor ergonimics (for me)
- Offices are all currently booked
- No dedicated place to sit and eat